Please note these changes which are valid from Feb. 02nd 2020:
1. Visa fees will be 80,- Euro for adults and 40,- Euro for children.
2. It will be possible to apply for a visa as early as 6 months before the entry date to the Schengen Areas!
3. Visa applications have to be filed at least 15 days prior to the trip.
Schengen visas allow people to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days every six-month period.
As a German Embassy we are responsible for processing your application if Germany is your main destination.
Residents in Kuwait can also file Schengen visa applications for Iceland, Finland and Norway through the German Visa Service Center.
(Where do I apply for a Schengen visa? What is the Schengen area? Who needs a Schengen visa? See FAQ).
Preparing your application
Please prepare your application as follows:
- Please fill out the visa application form online or use this visa application form
- Please compile the documents you need to submit with your application. If documents or supporting documentation are missing, your application may be rejected. We have prepared a checklist for each type of visa.
- Checklists Kuwaiti passport holders
- Business purpose - Kuwaiti passport holders
- Medical treatment - Kuwaiti passport holders
- Tourism - Kuwaiti passport holders
- Visiting Family or friends - Kuwaiti passport holders
- Checklists other nationalities
- Airport Transit Visa Category A - passport holders of other countries
- Schengen Visa for passport holders of other countries with German / EU Spouse / parent / child
- Business purpose - passport holders of other countries
- Medical Treatment - passport holders of other countries
- Tourism - passport holders of other countries
- Family / Visit visa - passport holders of other countries
- Declaration forms for Kuwaiti passport holders and also other nationalities
- Declaration A- Provision of true data
- Declaration B - Security Questionnaire
- Declaration C - Children under 18
- Declaration D - Travel health insurance
- Please make an appointment to submit your application. You may submit your application six months before the start of your planned trip at the earliest. Therefore please contact our Visa Application Center:
VFS Global Kuwait
Arraya Tower, Level 25,
Service Hotline: (+965) 22084500
You may also book additional services, including a Premium Service with access to the Premium Lounge – however, please note that this does not have any influence on the appointment availability or visa processing time.”
Submitting your application
In order to submit your application, please attend your appointment at the office of our external service Provider VFS Global in person. During this appointment, we kindly ask you to submit all of your application documents, pay the fee and answer questions about your planned trip. Your photograph and fingerprints will also be taken on this occasion.
What happens during processing?
The Embassy will review your application and make a decision on whether or not to grant you a visa. To this end, it will assess whether your application meets the legal requirements. Processing generally takes a minimum of three to five working days for holders of Kuwaiti passports. For other nationalities, the procedure might take up to two weeks. We hope you will understand that we are not able to answer any questions on the status of your application during this processing period. After that, enquiries can only be answered if they are made by the applicant, his/her legal representative or another person authorised in writing by the applicant.
Return of your passport
As soon as the Embassy has decided on your application, your passport will be returned to you via the external service Provider VFS Global.
If you have chosen to have your application processed by the Embassy responsible for your district, you can only collect your passport from this office. If you are not able to collect it yourself, you can authorise another person to do so for you. In order to do so, please issue a power of attorney for the Person / Messenger.
There are various reasons why your visa application may be rejected. The reasons will be stated in the letter notifying you that your application has been rejected. These reasons are explained in the FAQ.
You are welcome to submit a new application at any time with complete, informative and verifiable documentation.
Have a good trip! Information for visa holders
If all the information on your visa label is correct, you are free to travel. Please check the information on the label as soon as your passport is returned to you. You should let us know immediately if there are any mistakes so that we can issue you a new visa. Your visa will state your full name and passport number and include your photo. It will also state the period of validity. This is the time period in which you can travel. In addition, it will state the maximum number of days you can stay in the Schengen area during the period of validity of your visa. Our aim is to give you a certain amount of flexibility in planning your trip. In order to allow you to change your travel dates at short notice, visas are usually valid for 15 days longer than the maximum number of days you are allowed to stay in the Schengen area.
Please note that being granted a Schengen visa does not guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the Schengen area. The final decision on whether or not you will be allowed to enter the Schengen area will be made by the border police on your arrival. When you arrive, the border police may ask you to present additional documentation alongside your passport and valid visa with information on your financial means, the length and purpose of your stay, and your health insurance cover. You should therefore take a copy of your visa documents (including an invitation from Germany, hotel reservation and travel health insurance) with you on your trip.