This information leaflet has been generated by the German Embassy in Kuwait. We advise you not to use the services of any intermediaries or agencies or individuals for preparing your application or preparing documents you are asked to submit with your
False or falsified documents will result in refusal of visa and further consequences.
Do not spend money for unreliable services, but make use of the information provided for free hereafter and on the internet page of the German Embassy.
All services offered by third parties in the vicinity of the Embassy or in the vicinity of the Visa Application Center (VAC) are neither necessary nor do have any effect on the chances of success of your application or the time necessary for processing your application. The German Embassy in no way cooperates with any other party or individuals or endorses their actions.
If you currently reside in Kuwait and you intend to move to Germany, you may book an Appointment to submit your visa application directly at the German Embassy in Kuwait (Salem Al Mubarak Street, Symphony Tower 2, Block 2, 7th Floor, Salmiya, Kuwait). Non-Kuwaiti nationals are kindly requested to provide proof of Kuwait residency. In order to book an appointment pleases use following link
Applications must be submitted in person and not by courier, regular post, fax or email.
The fee for a residence permit is the equivalent of € 75; the fee must be paid in KWD cash when filing the application.
Please refer to our website for any waivers or exceptions. For spouses of German or EU-citizens or to the parent of a German or EU-minor the visa fee is waived.
All documents need to be submitted in 3 sets (1x Original and 2x copies). Original documents will be returned to the applicant after the application process has been finalized. Please note that incomplete application sets cannot be accepted.
All documents which are not in German or English language require a translation.
Please note that foreign certificates might need to be legalized or an apostille might need to be affixed. For documents not issued in Kuwait please consult the website of the German mission in the issuing country.
I. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. Two Application forms ‘Resident Permit/Long Term Visa’– available online free of charge
- Fully completed in English or German and personally signed and dated by the applicant
2. Two Instruction forms A (sometimes B) – available online free of charge
- Fully completed in English or German and personally signed and dated by applicant.
- Certain nationals require Instruction Form B, please see below.
- Validity of a minimum of three months from requested entry to Germany
- Signed by bearer
- Passport not older than 10 years (issued in the last 10 years)
- At least two blank “visa pages”
- Undamaged photograph securely affixed with/to passportMay 2018
- Previous passport if applicable
- IMPORTANT: valid Kuwait residence permit if applicable
4. Two recent biometric passport sized photographs (3.5x4.5 cm)
- NEW! Should n o t be older than 6 months.
- A frontal view of the face covering 70-80% (32-26mm) of the photo.
- A plain and light-colored background.
- Clear facial features and eyes – not covered by hair or spectacle frame.
- Head coverings are only accepted for religious reasons.
- Do not glue or staple the pictures to the application form.
5. Resident Permit for Kuwait
- Nationals other than Kuwaiti must be able to show a valid residence permit and re-entry permit for Kuwait
6. Proof of Medical Insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during the stay with a minimum cover of 30,000€
7. Curriculum Vitae of professional career
- Specifying the certificates, diplomas etc. you have obtained
- Please note that all foreign certificates degrees might need to be legalized or
- affixed with an Apostille by the issuing country/our mission in the issuing Country. Please provide the original as well as two copies each.
8. Detailed description of your business project, including an expectation of how your project meets the following criteria (Two copies):
- Fulfilling the needs of the Federal Republic of Germany or specific regional or local needs
- Having a beneficial economic impact, stating the number of jobs created
- Be fully covered by your own capital or bank loan for which there is a written confirmation
The first two requirements will generally be fulfilled if your investment is worth 1 million
Euro or more and creates 10 new jobs. To ensure sustainability of your business project,
the following criteria will also be taken into consideration:
a) Viability of your business plan
b) Your relevant business experience
c) Amount to be invested in Germany
d) Impact of your business project on employment and skills
e) Contribution of your project to innovation and Research
9. Proof that you possess the necessary capital for the Business
10 .If you are over 45 years of age, you must also provide evidence of adequate
11. Proof of accommodation, should you already be in possession of such. Otherwise intended place of residence/accommodation)
Following the approval of the visa application and before the visa can be issued, you must provide evidence that you have a valid travel insurance for the period between arrival in the country and commencement of employment, if such evidence has not already been submitted.
II. INFORMATION FOR THE APPLICANT ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE VISA
- Only complete applications can be accepted; non-submission of necessary documentation or wrong or incomplete information may lead to the refusal of your visa application.
- False or falsified documents will lead to the refusal of your visa and /or further consequences.
- All visa fees must be paid upon submission of the above.
- Processing time: The processing of your application may take 2-3 months but in individual cases longer. The German Embassy is committed to keep the processing time to a minimum. Applicants are requested to apply at least 3 months prior to their intended start of the visa in order to ensure the completion of the process and to avoid disappointment.
- We strongly recommend that you do not purchase an airline ticket unless the visa has been granted.
- Applicants are also kindly requested to refrain from status inquiries.
- Once a visa has been issued, the purpose of the trip may not be altered.
- Please remember that all documents need to be legalized before you come for your appointment to apply for the visa. For any consular services such as legalization of your university degrees, certification of photocopies or signatures please check the website of the German Embassy (by prior appointment only Appointment-System of the German Embassy Kuwait)
Upon receiving the visa: Please check visa data for possible mistakes as soon as you receive your passport. Pay particular attention to the visa validity (start and end dates), also check the correct spelling of your name, as well as the number of entries you were granted. The visa section must be informed of possible mistakes immediately and cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur as a result of incorrect data or missing signature in the travel document.
The German Embassy Kuwait reserves the right to ask for additional documents and /or call the applicant for an interview at any time.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.