Pensions from Germany (Social Security)

Foto eines älteren Ehepaares beim Spaziergang

Älteres Ehepaar beim Spaziergang, © colourbox.com

29.07.2020 - Article

You have worked in Germany and now live in Kuwait? Then you might want to know how to apply for a German pension. This webpage will provide you with information on the application process, who are the proper German pension authorities, on taxation of old age pensions, on life certificates and more.

You can find more detailed information on the following topics on these webpages:

How to apply for a German pension

Refund of Pension Contribution

Contact Information of the German Pension Authorities

Once a year, pensioners living in Kuwait receive the form “Lebensbescheinigung” (life certificate) requesting confirmation that they are still alive. The pensioner must personally sign this form and have his/her signature certified by an authorized agency or authority of their country of residence.

The certification may, for example, be issued by a public notary , social security officer, or physician. Other certified authorities are listed on the form.

You can also come to the Consular Section of the German Embassy to certify a life certificate. As prove of your identity please present a valid ID (e.g. a valid Kuwaiti ID or a valid passport).

Please book your appointment here. Please do not use Smartphone for scheduling an appointment.

If the pensioner is unable to personally sign the life certificate form (e.g. due to illness and/or incapacity) please read the information below:

If you do not receive the life certificate form, please directly contact your Pension Fund office in Germany.

Please ensure the Pension Fund office has your present address. Should you change your address kindly inform the Pension Fund office directly or through Deutsche Post.

Important: If the life certificate does not reach the Pension Fund office on the due date, pension payments will be discontinued.

Top of page