This information leaflet has been generated by the German Embassy in Kuwait. We advise you not to use the services of any intermediaries or agencies or individuals for preparing your application or preparing documents you are asked to submit with your application.
False or falsified documents will result in refusal of visa and further consequences.
Do not spend money for unreliable services, but make use of the information provided for free hereafter and on the internet page of the German Embassy.
All services offered by third parties in the vicinity of the Embassy or in the vicinity of the Visa Application Center (VAC) are neither necessary nor do have any effect on the chances of success of your application or the time necessary for processing your application. The German Embassy in no way cooperates with any other party or individuals or endorses their actions.
If you currently reside in Kuwait and you intend to move to Germany, you may book an Appointment to submit your visa application directly at the German Embassy in Kuwait (Salem Al Mubarak Street, Symphony Tower 2, Block 2, 7th Floor, Salmiya, Kuwait).
Non-Kuwaiti nationals are kindly requested to provide proof of Kuwait residency.
In order to book an appointment click here:
Applications must be submitted in person and not by courier, regular post, fax or email.
The fee for a residence permit is the equivalent of € 75; the fee must be paid in KWD cash when filing the application.
Please refer to our website for any waivers or exceptions. For spouses of German or EU-citizens or to the parent of a German or EU-minor the visa fee is waived.
All documents need to be submitted in 3 sets (1x Original and 2x copies). Original documents will be returned to the applicant after the application process has been finalized. Please note that incomplete application sets cannot be accepted.
All documents which are not in German or English language require a translation.
Please note that foreign certificates might need to be legalized or an apostille might need to be affixed. For documents not issued in Kuwait please consult the website of the German mission in the issuing country.
I. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. Two Application forms ‘Resident Permit/Long Term Visa’– available online free of charge
Fully completed in English or German and personally signed and dated
If the applicant is under the age of 18, signed form “Letter of consent”
needs to be attached including passport copies of parents/ legal
2. Two Instruction forms A (sometimes B) – available online free of charge
Fully completed in English or German and personally signed and dated by applicant.
Certain nationals require Instruction Form B, please see below.
Validity minimum three months from requested entry to Germany
Signed by bearer
Passport not older than 10 years (issued in the last 10 years)
At least two blank “visa pages”
Undamaged photograph securely affixed with/to passport
Previous passport if applicable
MPORTANT: valid Kuwait residence permit if applicable
4. Two recent biometric passport sized photographs (3.5x4.5 cm)
Must not be older than 6 months
A frontal view of the face covering 70-80% (32-26mm) of the photo.
A plain and light-colored background.
Clear facial features and eyes – not covered by hair or spectacle frame.
Head coverings are only accepted for religious reasons.
Do not glue or staple the pictures to the application form.
5.Curriculum Vitae of professional career
Specifying your previous work career
attach certificates, diplomas etc. you have obtained (+2 copies)
6. German university degree or recognized foreign degree comparable to a
German degree if applicable
7. Employment Contract with a German company, containing a detailed
description of the employment as well as your future work place.
8. Proof of accommodation, should you already be in possession of such.
Otherwise intended place of residence/accommodation)
You can check whether your foreign university degree is recognized or comparable by consulting the Anabin Database
Following the approval of the visa application and before the visa can be issued, you must provide evidence that you have a valid travel insurance for the period between arrival in the country and commencement of employment, if such evidence has not already been submitted.
II. INFORMATION FOR THE APPLICANT ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE VISA PROCESS
- Only complete applications can be accepted; non-submission of necessary documentation or wrong or incomplete information may lead to the refusal of your visa application.
- False or falsified documents will lead to the refusal of your visa and /or further consequences.
- All visa fees must be paid upon submission of the above.
- The processing time for Employment Visas takes 2-3 months but may take longer. The German Embassy is committed to keep the processing time to a minimum. Applicants are requested to apply at least 3 months prior to their intended start of the visa in order to ensure the completion of the process and to avoid disappointment.
- We strongly recommend that you do not purchase an airline ticket unless the visa has been granted.
- Applicants are also kindly requested to refrain from status inquiries.
- Once a visa has been issued, the purpose of the trip may not be altered.
Upon receiving the visa: Please check visa data for possible mistakes as soon as you receive your passport. Pay particular attention to the visa validity (start and end dates), also check the correct spelling of your name, as well as the number of entries you were granted. The visa section must be informed of possible mistakes immediately and cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur as a result of incorrect data or missing signature in the travel document.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
The German Embassy Kuwait reserves the right to ask for additional documents and /or call the applicant for an interview at any time.