The applicant is responsible for all information provided during the application process.
Forged or falsified documents, including fake reservations, will result in an immediate refusal of your visa application and a possible entry ban to the Schengen area.
Only fully completed applications can be accepted; failing to submit the necessary documents in the requested form may lead to a refusal of your visa request.
Documents and certificates are to be provided in German or English. Should your documents be issued in any other language, please provide the original with an official translation into German or English.
- Schengen Visa application form
One duly filled (in English or German) and signed application form. Please use the VIDEX application form for Schengen visas in order to speed up the application process and to reduce your waiting time.
- Visa fees
The visa fee for applicants from the age of 12 or older is 80,- Euros, for applicants between the ages of 6 and 12 is 40,- Euros. Children under the age of 6 do not have to pay the visa fee. The fee is to be paid in cash or via Debit/Credit Card in KWD (according to the current Embassy exchange rate) at VFS when applying.
Valid, non-damaged, signed by the passport holder if he/she is above the age of 10, issued within the past 10 years, valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen arean minimum of two empty pages.
Please provide your original passport as well as any previous passports (if available) together with one copy of the data page and previous Visas (Schengen, US, UK, etc.).
Your passport will remain with the Embassy during the entire processing time. Passports may only be withdrawn for urgent travel. In this case a written request from the applicant has to be presented to the Embassy.
- Biometric Photo
One recent (not older than 6 months) biometrical passport photograph with a white background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). The photo has to show the facial features from the chin to the hairline as well as the left and right half of the face. Please see the sample chart for passport photos on the website.
- Trip Details
For all travel purposes:
- valid, non-canceled flight reservation (round-trip)
-valid (non-canceled) accommodation reservation (no vouchers) for all segments of your planned trip. If applicable: Should you own property in Germany and plan on staying there, please provide proof of ownership as well as the full address (Street, ZIP Code, City)
Visiting family or friends:
- Invitation letter from the host in Germany, including their full address as well as Passport/ID copy of the inviting person and his/her German residence permit (if applicable)
Business / Trade Fair:
- valid (non-canceled) accommodation reservation (no vouchers) for all segments of your planned trip
- Invitation letter from your German business partner or Trade fair ticket / exhibitor pass
- Travel Health Insurance
Travel/medical insurance (coverage on medical expenses at least EUR 30,000 and valid for the entire Schengen area for the duration of the applicant's planned stay). It is a requirement that claims against the insurance company are recoverable in a Member State. The insured party, policy validity period, geographical coverage and schedule of benefits must be mentioned of the policy schedule/certificate.
Applicants under the age of 18 (minors)
- Both parents have to sign the Schengen application form of the minor
- copy of both parents' Civil-ID cards and passports
- legalized declaration of consent of both parents if the minor is travelling alone; in case the minor is accompanied by one parent only, a legalized declaration of consent from the parent who is not accompanying is required
- if either one of the parents is absent or deceased this must be proven by a court decision or a death certificate when applicable
- if the legal guardian is someone else than the parent, a custody order must be submitted in order to prove legal guardianship
The German Embassy Kuwait reserves the right to ask for additional documents and /or call applicant for an interview at any time.