The applicant is responsible for all information provided during the application process.
Forged or falsified documents, including fake reservations, will result in an immediate refusal of your visa application and a possible entry ban to the Schengen area.
Only fully completed applications can be accepted; failing to submit the necessary documents in the requested form may lead to a refusal of your visa request.
Documents and certificates are to be provided in German or English. Should your documents be issued in any other language, please provide the original with an official translation into German or English.
- Schengen Visa application form
One duly filled (in English or German) and signed application form. Please use the VIDEX application form for Schengen visas in order to speed up the application process and to reduce your waiting time.
- Visa fees
The visa fee for applicants from the age of 12 or older is 80,- Euros, for applicants between the ages of 6 and 12 is 40,- Euros. Children under the age of 6 do not have to pay the visa fee. The fee is to be paid in cash or via Debit/Credit Card in KWD (according to the current Embassy exchange rate) at VFS when applying.
Valid, non-damaged, signed by the passport holder if he/she is above the age of 10, issued within the past 10 years, valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen arean minimum of two empty pages.
Please provide your original passport as well as any previous passports (if available) together with one copy of the data page and previous Visas (Schengen, US, UK, etc.).
Your passport will remain with the Embassy during the entire processing time. Passports may only be withdrawn for urgent travel. In this case a written request from the applicant has to be presented to the Embassy.
- Biometric Photo
One recent (not older than 6 months) biometrical passport photograph with a white background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). The photo has to show the facial features from the chin to the hairline as well as the left and right half of the face. Please see the sample chart for passport photos on the website.
- Proof of residence in Kuwait
Colored copy (front and back) of your valid Kuwaiti residence permit (Civil ID) or colored print out from the Kuwait Mobile ID together with the original document.
Please note that your Kuwaiti residence permit must be valid for at least 3 months after your intended date of return to Kuwait.
- Medical Records
Signed letter from the medical institution or doctor in Germany indicating the treatment plan (diagnosis, planned treatment, duration, in or out patient, estimated recovery time) and cost estimate. If applicable: personal data (name, DOB, passport number) of accompanying persons and confirmation that an escort is medically indicated.
Medical report from the attending physician in the State of Kuwait indicating that the treatment for the specific medical condition can only be provided outside the State of Kuwait.
Documents indicating how the costs for the medical treatments as well as accommodation and travel will be covered:
-Note from the Ministry of Health of the State of Kuwait, indicating assumption of all medical expenses (including accommodation and travel) for the patient and accompanying persons (if applicable)
-proof of sufficient financial means, in order for the patient and the accompanying persons to cover the medical and trip expenses themselves (e.g. pre-payment of medical costs, bank statement of the last 6 months, other means of funding)
- Flight and accomodation details
Valid, non-canceled flight reservation (round-trip)
Valid (non-canceled) accommodation reservation (no vouchers) for out patient treatment and accompanying persons
- Proof of financial means
Original bank statement of the applicant’s personal Kuwaiti salary account, covering at least the past 6 months.
Additional documents, if available:
- Kuwaiti savings account of the applicant
- Foreign bank account of the applicant including valid credit card as well as its limit
- Original declaration of assumption of costs from a third party including their original bank statement as well as a copy of their passport/Civil ID/ID card
- Official formal obligation according to §§ 66-68 AufenthG (Verpflichtungserklärung)
- Confirmation of Employment
Letter of employment, meeting the following criteria:
- Issued on the official letter head of the company, including the company’s current address, phone number, email
- Not older than 2 weeks at the time of the application
- Full name, passport number, position, date of employment, monthly salary and method of payment of the employee
- Original signature from an authorized signatory of the company with official company seal / stamp
- If self-employed: business contract for the company
Company registration and authorized signatories letter
- current school/university registration confirming that the student is exempted from attending lectures during the requesting travel period, with an original signature
- Ties to Kuwait
Other documents relating to the applicant's financial status and personal ties in Kuwait such as:
- title deeds or lease agreements for property
- business registration
- vehicle registration card
- Civil ID and proof of usual place of residence in Kuwait of family members
- marriage certificate, birth certificate/s of children, etc.
- letter of employment of spouse and/or school/university registration of children
- Travel Health Insurance
Travel/medical insurance (coverage on medical expenses at least EUR 30,000 and valid for the entire Schengen area for the duration of the applicant's planned stay). It is a requirement that claims against the insurance company are recoverable in a Member State. The insured party, policy validity period, geographical coverage and schedule of benefits must be mentioned of the policy schedule/certificate.